Our Mission: We believe that we exist to glorify God - in worship, by nurturing, through service, joining in His fellowship, and sharing the Good News of Jesus in the world. (Matthew 22:37-39; 28:19-20)
Some history of the Brookville Church of the Brethren:
Brookville, OH, Church of the Brethren, located in Montgomery Co. It had its origin in the four-way division of the Lower Miami congregation of 1811. One part became the Wolf Creek territory, including the nw. part of Montgomery Co. and the ne. part of Preble Co. On Aug. 10, 1910, Wolf Creek was divided into the Brookville and Eversole congregations. D. M. Garver was the first elder, succeeded in 1912 by J. W. Fidler, who later became the first full-time pastor. In 1910 Brookville acquired an Evangelical United Brethren church building as its first house of worship. This building was located on the present site. In 1914 the Wolf Creek meetinghouse and the old EUB building were razed; timbers from both were used in constructing the Eversole and Brookville churchhouses. In January, 1953, planning began to enlarge and improve the church building. After five years of study, the congregation decided to rebuild the existing structure; construction was completed in 1959. The congregation has been one of the strong churches of the area and numbered 280 members in 1980. JBGr S. Ohio (1920) 106-9, (1955) 118-20; GM (July 11, 1959) 20.
Source: The Brethren Encyclopedia, Volume 1, 1983
Contact us for more info